This dish is prepared according to many recipes, and in each case the taste of this dish turns out to be especially appetizing.
Oven baked potatoes are one of the most popular dishes in traditional cuisine of different nationalities. Baked, whether with cheese, lard or garlic, often becomes the hallmark of a dinner.
Novice and experienced chefs should take a closer look at proven recipes that require a minimum investment of time and effort.
- Which potatoes are suitable for baking, how to prepare them
- Whole baked potatoes in the oven
- Garlic oven potato recipe
- Cooking potatoes in the oven with mayonnaise, cheese
- Potatoes in the oven in slices and slices
- How to make delicious baked jacket potatoes
- Rustic potatoes in the oven
Which potatoes are suitable for baking, how to prepare them
The most important thing for potatoes is the starch, which makes the baked tubers so tasty, crumbly and aromatic. On the territory of our country, the most starchy variety is Zhuravlinka. Sineglazka, Red Scarlet, Rosara and Bellarosa are also suitable.
Good potatoes suitable for baking are characterized by:
- strong dense tubers;
- smooth and even skin without flaws;
- lack of green pigmentation (solanine), which is unsafe;
- average fruit sizes;
- hard pulp (soft and moist most likely contain nitrates).
To make the dinner tasty, it is worthwhile to responsibly approach the preparation of potatoes, since in addition to the correctly selected baking temperature, there are several other important nuances.
Secrets of delicious baked potatoes:
- The most important thing is to choose the “right” tubers.
- Immediately it is worth discarding the fruits with rotten and sprouted ones.
- For baking, you need whole fruits without flaws so that the flaws do not need to be cut out.
- In order for the potatoes to bake evenly, you need to take tubers of approximately the same size and of the same variety.
- A variety that takes a long time to boil is better not to use or pre-boil in boiling water for 5-7 minutes.
- The baking sauce should help the potatoes cook quickly, so it is advisable not to use tomato juice or undiluted tomato paste. Ideal for mayonnaise, sour cream, cream.
- If the potatoes need to be boiled first, then the fire on the stove should be minimal, and the water in the pan should boil continuously.
- If the recipe contains meat, then you need to take into account that it takes longer to cook. None of the ingredients in the dish should be baked or dry.
Baked potatoes tend to have a loose texture.
You can bake it in a simple induction stove, on the grill, on the grill, on an open fire.
If the tubers are cooked whole, then it is advisable to pierce them with a fork so that excess steam comes out of them. The optimum temperature for cooking is 190-200 degrees.
Whole baked potatoes in the oven
Baked potatoes are considered the most dietary dish of this vegetable. In addition, the tubers retain the maximum amount of vitamins, so this recipe is relevant for those who are on a diet.
What you need:
- 300 g of young potatoes, preferably not large;
- 3 tbsp. tablespoons of oil, it is better to use cold-pressed olive.
Step-by-step cooking option:
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly under running water. It is advisable not to peel young tubers.
- Transfer the fruits to a baking sheet, drizzle with oil. Smear each fruit with your hands.
- Place the potatoes in a preheated oven. Bake for 30-40 minutes, temperature 180 degrees.
- Sprinkle the finished dish with salt, black pepper and herbs.
Garlic oven potato recipe
Potatoes in the oven are tasty and aromatic if you add fresh garlic and herbs to them. Such a dish turns out to be as useful as possible, because baked tubers retain their useful properties.
- 800 g of young potatoes;
- 2 heads of garlic;
- a bunch of dried rosemary;
- 80 ml of vegetable oil;
- ground black pepper;
- coarse salt.
- The potatoes should be rinsed and dried on a paper towel.
- Divide the garlic into cloves. You don't need to clean everything, but only two teeth.
- Pour the oil into a bowl and squeeze 2 garlic cloves into it. Add two pinches of rosemary.
- Put the potatoes in a baking dish. Place cloves of garlic between the tubers. Spice up. Salt. Sprinkle with rosemary.
- Drizzle with spiced oil and stir with your hands so that each tuber is in oil.
- Send the potatoes to the oven for 40 minutes at 200 degrees.
Cooking potatoes in the oven with mayonnaise, cheese
This simple recipe will help diversify your daily menu, and will also be a great option for treating guests.
It is impossible to resist such delicious potatoes with a golden brown crust. You can add spices and herbs to the recipe at your discretion. The method of cutting the tubers can also vary.
- 0.5 kg medium potatoes;
- 4 tbsp. spoons of Provencal mayonnaise;
- 2 eggs;
- 170 g of cheese;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of vegetable oil;
- salt, spices to taste.
- Grate tubers and cheese and arrange in separate bowls. Pass the garlic through a garlic press.
- Beat one egg and mix it with 1 spoonful of mayonnaise, stir.
- Mix half of the grated cheese with the egg-mayonnaise mass and add to the potatoes.
- Grease a baking dish with oil, put potatoes on it in an even layer.
- Mix the second cheese with the second egg and black pepper. Spread this mixture over the potatoes in a baking dish.
The dish needs to be baked for 45 minutes at a temperature of 190 degrees. When the potatoes with cheese and mayonnaise are ready, an appetizing golden crust will appear on the surface.
Let's watch a useful video:
Potatoes in the oven in slices and slices
This recipe is considered a proven old French dish. In the French province, it is called Dauphinua. At the end of the 19th century, the dish was called Parisian potato and was usually prepared by peasants.
Then the root vegetable just appeared in France, and the authorities introduced it into the main foodstuffs in order to solve the problems of hunger. Despite the simplicity of the recipe, such potatoes can be served for a festive feast.
- 10 medium starchy potatoes;
- 120 g of hard cheese;
- 1 egg;
- 200 ml of cream or fat milk;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- 90 g butter;
- a pinch of nutmeg;
- salt and pepper to taste.
Step by step cooking:
- According to the recipe, it is advisable to take not young tubers, but old ones with a high starch content. They need to be rinsed and dried. 5 potatoes need to be cut into thin slices, and the remaining 5 into 5 mm thick slices.
- Grate cheese with garlic on a thin grater.
- Combine milk or cream with an egg, add a little salt and mix.
- Mix half of the grated cheese with potatoes, salt and black pepper. Thyme and rosemary can be added if desired.
- Pour in the egg-milk mixture and stir.
- Spread the resulting mass over the baking dish in an even layer. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Cut the butter into small squares and place on top of the potatoes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, bake in it for 45 minutes.
- So that the potatoes are baked inside and not burned on top, the form can be covered with foil on top, and removed 10 minutes before the dish is ready.
How to make delicious baked jacket potatoes
In order for the root vegetable in its uniform to be tasty, you need to choose the right tubers with a thin peel. The shape of the vegetable should be oblong.
It is advisable to bake the tubers of the same size. Before cooking, the potatoes must be washed thoroughly under running water and rubbed with a stiff brush with the addition of soda.
- 10 potatoes;
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of vegetable oil;
- salt and spices as desired.
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Spread the potatoes at some distance from each other.
- Lubricate each tuber with vegetable oil. You can sprinkle with salt.
- Bake the tubers for 40-50 minutes at a temperature of 200 degrees.
If the potatoes are baked correctly, then the crust will be crispy, and the flesh will be crumbly and juicy. You can serve such a dish with fresh or pickled vegetables, salads.
Country style potatoes in the oven
The name of the aromatic dish is considered a purely marketing ploy, however, this does not diminish the popularity of potatoes prepared in this way.
The McDonald's company decided to bring “potato wedges” to the Russian market, but the name turned out to be too long and not very attractive. Therefore, the "slices" were replaced by the sounding "village potato".
- 1 kg of small to medium sized potatoes;
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of sunflower or olive oil;
- 2 pinches of salt;
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of dry chopped paprika.
- The first step is to turn on the oven so that it warms up to 250 degrees.
- Cover the baking sheet with baking paper or parchment paper.
- Peel and rinse potatoes. Dry the tubers on a paper towel. Cut each into 4 pieces. If there is moisture on the slices, then they need to be transferred to paper so that they become completely dry.
- Place the wedges in a bowl. Mix them with butter, paprika and salt. Each piece should be covered with spices.
- Distribute the slices on a baking sheet at a distance of 5-10 millimeters from each other. It is advisable to put the baking sheet in the oven on the middle rack.
Cook potatoes in a country style at 200 degrees for 30 minutes. After cooking, allow the dish to cool slightly and can be served.
Read more about cooking potatoes baked in the oven in a village style - in the video:
Connoisseurs of potato dishes will love the taste of these easy-to-make recipes.
Oven potatoes can be cooked in many ways, but either way they are considered a safe bet for everyday dinners and the festive table.