We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Flowers are the decoration of our life. They create coziness, give the home a unique atmosphere and purify the air.
But the "green companions" of our life also have a downside: an incorrectly chosen flower can bring troubles in life or cause a serious illness.
Let's find out which flowers cannot be kept at home and why, is the rumor about the bad energy of some plants always true.
- Beautiful and dangerous: which flowers should not be kept at home and why
- The most dangerous houseplants
- How poisonous juice gets inside
- Plants that can cause allergies
- What flowers are harmful to keep in the bedroom
- Optimal placement of plants in the bedroom
- What flowers can not be kept at home according to folk signs
- What flowers can not be kept at home according to Feng Shui
- Which plants should be treated with caution
- What flowers are advised to keep at home for happiness
- What flowers do you need to keep at home to get married
- Plants that bring grief and misfortune to the house - is it worth believing the signs
- How to find your flower
Beautiful and dangerous: which flowers should not be kept at home and why
Most people when choosing home colors are based only on appearance. This approach can turn into serious problems for the amateur florist and his environment. At risk, animals and children are those who unconsciously can harm themselves upon contact.
Features of flowers that can harm:
- Spines, thorns and sharp edges. Even a simple touch to such a plant can result in injury. The thorns of some representatives of the flower world contain toxic substances, which leads to a long healing of the puncture site and additional discomfort.
- Poisonous milky juice. Outwardly, unremarkable flowers can hide an inner danger. Contact with a poisonous liquid of many colors causes a lot of unpleasant sensations: burns, allergic reactions, itching. If the juice gets on the mucous membranes, it will lead to severe irritation. Ingestion threatens with intestinal problems: nausea, vomiting and stomach pain.
- Smell. The pleasant scent of your favorite flower can cause discomfort, headaches and nausea.
Caring for loved ones should be a priority.
Knowing the dangerous features will help maintain health and get rid of possible troubles.
Among the poisonous flowers, there are the most "popular specimens", from which their owners most often suffer. Seemingly harmless flowers, which stand motionless in the house, purify the air and decorate the interior, are fraught with a lot of dangers.
Let's watch a video about which flowers cannot be kept in the house and why, which ones - you can:
The most dangerous houseplants
|Evergreen ivy or heder||A creeping shrub or loach attracts with its unpretentiousness and beauty. Hedera is poisonous, every part is poisonous in it. The most dangerous are berries, the use of which causes poisoning, delirium and cardiac arrest. Sprawling, hanging ivy branches attract the attention of children and animals.|
The stem resembles an elongated stem of a cactus, depending on the type of milkweed, there may be thorns on it. The top is decorated with fleshy leaves, breaking or cutting which, poisonous milky juice (secret) is immediately released.
On contact with the skin, the juice can cause severe burns.
If the secret gets into the eye, then getting rid of irritation is less harm that can be obtained. The poisonous liquid can cause temporary or permanent blindness.
Dizziness, loss of consciousness, Quincke's edema, nausea and vomiting are just some of the likely symptoms when drinking poisonous juice inside. Also, spiny milkweed can damage the skin.
|Gloriosa||From the family of loaches. Outwardly similar to a lily. Blooms in spectacular, red inflorescences with wavy edging of petals that resemble tongues of flame. The brightness of gloriosa is very attractive to children. Poisonous substances: alkaloid and colchicine contained in it can provoke paralysis and cardiac arrest.|
A beautiful plant with large yellow-green leaves. It can grow up to two meters in length. Dieffenbachia juice contains a number of substances that cause burns to the skin and mucous membranes. Since the plant is tall and large, it is rather difficult to hide it from children and pets.
How poisonous juice gets inside
Misconception: to get plant poisoning, it must be eaten. This is certainly true.
Eating a poisonous flower will lead to inevitable consequences. If a child or pet does not taste the leaves, this does not mean that they are out of the risk zone.
The harmless game of an animal with a dangerous representative of the green world often leads to the breakdown of leaves and injury to the stem.
In the damaged areas, poisonous sap is released, which gets on the paws and hair of the animal. In the process of washing, the pet introduces a poisonous substance into the body and gets poisoned.
Children's fun with poisonous flowers is fraught with irritation of the skin and the introduction of juice on the mucous membranes of the eyes. Symptoms include tearing, itching and redness and are often confused with allergies ...
Plants that can cause allergies
It is important to remember that people with allergies, asthma or those who are prone to allergic reactions need to be very careful when choosing colors.
It is a misconception that only flowering specimens cause allergies. It is important to know that a similar reaction can be provoked by leaves, smell and sap - any part of the flower.
The beautiful appearance of flowers is very deceiving: behind the beautiful flowering of a favorite plant, the true causes of allergies can be hidden, and the skin itching from a medical compress is nothing more than a reaction to its juice.
An allergic reaction is manifested by the following symptoms:
- Swelling of the mucous membranes.
- Dry cough.
- Itchy skin.
- Skin rashes.
- Sleepiness and weakness.
The most allergenic species:
- Fragrant geranium (pelargonium) is unpretentious, with decent care it can bloom most of the year. The variety of varieties and their colors delight with their abundance. Geranium is known for its medicinal properties: antiseptic, wound healing and anti-inflammatory. The pleasant aroma of pelargonium fills the whole house. It is the essential oils contained in geranium that give it a specific smell that provoke an allergic reaction. Allergies can manifest themselves both through direct contact and through inhalation of the aroma and the use of geranium for treatment. The consequences may be: runny nose, cough and even Quincke's edema.
- Scarlet striped (homemade) is a well-known medicinal plant. The use of scarlet as a treatment is the most common cause of allergies. A wound-healing compress can aggravate the treatment with irritation, swelling, and itching. Reception of scarlet inside threatens with vomiting, nausea, coughing and shortness of breath. It is important before using scarlet for treatment, make sure there is no allergy: do a skin test or use the minimum dosage in treatment. The result can be assessed in two days. If there is no reaction, it can be used.
- Kalanchoe, popularly - a home doctor or tree of life. Deciduous shrub with dense leaves and small flowers. Possesses the strongest healing and anti-aging properties. He is kept in the house, both for beauty and for treatment. It is the use of Kalanchoe at home that leads to the manifestation of allergies. The juice, along with the beneficial effect, leads to skin irritation, hives and burns of the mucous membranes when ingested.
An interesting fact - the healthiest houseplants are the most allergenic.
What flowers are harmful to keep in the bedroom
The bedroom is the main place to relax. Everything here should be harmonious, contribute to peace and relaxation. Flowers, in addition to visually improving the space, saturate the air with oxygen and create a unique microclimate. This helps to better rest and recuperate.
The choice of representatives of flora for the bedroom must be approached consciously and competently.
It is desirable that:
- The flower was active at night. Not all of them "work" at night. The "night workers" include: scarlet, palm, mother-in-law's tongue and Kalanchoe. They are also unpretentious in maintenance and are content with a small amount of light, which is typical for bedrooms.
- Was helpful. Essential and aromatic oils contained in some flora improve condition, promote relaxation and kill germs. In order for the aroma-flower to please, you need to select a scent that will be "to your taste" or did not have it at all.
The best aroma plants are:
- Myrtle - a dwarf decorative tree will be an excellent decoration for the bedroom, purify the air and get rid of germs. The essential oils it produces are odorless. The presence of myrtle in the recreation area is the prevention of influenza and ARVI.
- Lavender (homemade) - essential oils will wrap your home in a pleasant scent, soothe, relieve stress and help rejuvenate. The appearance of lavender will fit perfectly into any interior. The only negative is the need for increased care: constant loosening, watering and lighting. For the winter, cultivated homemade lavender is pruned.
- Gardenia is a small bushy flowering plant. Its scent resembles magnolia and acts as a sleeping pill. The gardenia beauty is very capricious: she does not tolerate rearrangements, cold and drafts.
All the benefits of a representative of the flora will come to naught if it is not to the heart. You should choose such a flower that it would be pleasant to be with it.
In the bedroom, it is better to exclude plants such as:
- Oleander, monstera and dieffenbichia - spectacular flowers are considered energy vampires, taking the strength from the people around them for their growth.
- Mimosa, the essential oils of which contribute to hair loss.
- Geranium is a healthy flower with an invigorating scent that can cause allergies.
Let's watch a video about what flowers cannot be kept in the bedroom:
Optimal placement of plants in the bedroom
Not only the view is important, but also the location. Cannot be placed at the head of the bed or near the bed: the pots contain earth, a huge number of microorganisms and their spores. Such a neighborhood can turn into a respiratory disease.
The best place to accommodate "green friends" will be window sills, the corner of the room.
What flowers can not be kept at home according to folk signs
Breeding flowers is a delicate matter. An unconscious choice or a gift in the form of a green friend, together with beauty and comfort, can bring unhappiness and loneliness to the house.
Folk signs say that curly ivies should not be kept by unmarried ladies. The loach is popularly called muzhegon. According to the omen, he drives away potential suitors and men do not stay in the house.
The beautiful orchid is considered an energy vampire, it takes strength and energy from the owners, brings discord in the family.
The palm tree, according to folk signs, is a symbol of loneliness, they cannot be started by lonely people. If a palm tree grows in a family, then on the contrary, it will become a symbol of well-being. It is better not to accept this exotic plant as a gift from lonely people. Accepting such a gift is perceived as sharing the loneliness with the person who gave it.
What flowers can not be kept at home according to Feng Shui
According to Feng Shui, green is the color of life. Despite the uniform color, not all representatives of the flora correspond to the ancient teachings. According to Feng Shui, house flowers should stretch upward, thereby activating energy and a surge of vitality.
It is not recommended to keep ivy and other curly branches hanging down from the pots at home.
The shape of the sheets should be round or oval. Such leaves characterize the integrity and self-sufficiency of a person. According to Feng Shui, it is better to exclude flowers with thin or sharp, "carved" leaves, they will introduce an imbalance in the life of the owner.
Withering flowers take away vital energy and health, it is better to get rid of such specimens. A large number of thorny plants lead to quarrels.
Which plants should be treated with caution
There are a number of colors that can be harmful if the wrong location in the house is chosen for them. Bright, delighting orchids, hydrangeas and lilies with their flowering excite the nervous system with their appearance. It is better to exclude such flowers in the sleeping area and resting places.
Fern gives off carbon dioxide at night, it has no place in the bedroom. Lily, geranium, oleander and tuberose have a strong aroma. Their scent can cause headaches and nausea.
What flowers are advised to keep at home for happiness
No wonder they say that "happiness smells of flowers."
To attract happiness in the house, it is recommended to keep blooming species:
- Violet - is considered the keeper of the hearth. The velvet violet bloom is a symbol of well-being and happiness in the house. She takes away negative energy, and long-term flowering gives a festive atmosphere.
- Spathiphyllum (female happiness) - the delicate white flowers of the plant resemble sails with a mast. According to legends, spathiphyllum characterizes the fragile ship of female happiness, the sail of which is always directed towards harmony and love. He brings good luck in love, helps to get married and find real female happiness.
- Anthurium (male flower) is very similar to “female happiness”. Differs in wider scarlet colors. It symbolizes fire in relationships and gives its owner success with women. Anthurium is a wonderful and symbolic gift for every man.
- Ficus is an evergreen tree, a recognized symbol of a happy life and family well-being. Ficus also promotes conception and childbirth.
- Cyclamen is amazingly beautiful, brings peace and love to the house. Folk signs say that if you put a cyclamen in the bedroom, the family will soon be replenished.
- The money tree (fat woman) is a recognized companion of prosperity and material well-being. Its round leaves symbolize coins, it is believed that the tree attracts money. If the fat woman has sprouted, it is worth waiting for a bonus, winning the lottery or other material benefits. It is better not to give the sprouts of your money talisman to anyone, it is believed that part of the wealth is given along with the sprout.
To make a happy plant "work", it is not enough just to have it in the house. It is important to believe in his strength and thank him for his help with proper care.
What flowers do you need to keep at home to get married
Flowers - matchmakers are the best option for decorating the home of an unmarried girl. Plants delight with their beauty and attract love to the owner's house.
So that Cupid does not pass by, single girls should start:
- Oxalis is an oxalis among the people. The amorous plant "falls asleep" at night, closing its petals, and dissolves them only at the dawn of the sun. Flower petals resemble a heart and promise success in matters of the heart.
- The Chinese rose (hibiscus) is a truly mystical plant. According to the legends, in order for the flower to bring results, you need to look after and grow it yourself. The flowering of a Chinese rose will mark the beginning of a new relationship and success in love.
- Hoya is a symbol of sincere feelings, declarations of love and fidelity.In many countries, a donated hoya twig is considered a declaration of love. It looks like ivy and belongs to the lianas family. Hoya has green, fleshy leaves and blooms with white flowers forming a ball. The flower ball symbolizes a strong union, and the branches, a strong bond, between a man and a woman.
Plants that bring grief and misfortune to the house - is it worth believing the signs
There are many "bad guys" among green friends. The influence of such on a person depends on his belief in the power of the plant. As you know, thoughts are material, therefore it is the owner's attitude to the flower that can affect his life.
It is considered that:
- Calla brings melancholy to the house. These fragile flowers are characterized with sadness and tears. It is not customary to give and receive it as a gift.
- Sansevieria, popularly a pike tail. According to signs, sharp leaves will bring discord and quarrels into the family. Despite the superstition, the pike tail is one of the most popular in home collections.
- The fern is a truly mystical plant. It used to be believed that if a fern grows near a house, an evil spirit lives in it. He was thrown to the doors of enemies in order to bring misfortune. He is considered an energy vampire who takes energy from those around him. There is a scientific basis for this, the fern actively absorbs oxygen at night and emits carbon dioxide, so in the morning a person may feel unwell and tired.
How to find your flower
Regardless of the purposes for which the plant is purchased, it is important to remember that this is a living being, for which you take responsibility.
If it is not possible to provide proper care, it is better to postpone the purchase.
You should not take a "happy" plant if you do not like it visually.
The flower should delight, it should be comfortable to be in the room with it.
Remember that all "flower" omens and superstitions "work" if we believe in them. Care should be taken when choosing a green friend if there are animals and children in the house.
And most importantly, you need to choose with your heart, this is the only way to find your own plant.