We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Everyone strives to equip their summer cottage in order to create an atmosphere of coziness and comfort, which contributes to rest from the noisy city and the modern rhythm of life. You can create an artificial pond of any size, and modern materials allow you to do everything yourself.
The main difference between a garden pond and a pool is water. The water in the pool is subjected to special purification, chlorination, while the water in an artificial pond requires the creation of a special microenvironment. Otherwise, the owner of the pond runs the risk of getting a swamp with frogs and muddy water.
If the landscape of the garden plot is made in the style of geometric, straight, strict lines, then the pond must be made in a square or rectangular shape. For additional decoration, as a rule, tiled stone is used, which can be natural or artificial, which is installed along the edges of the pond.
- Types of ponds
- DIY artificial pond technology
- Choosing plants for the pond
Types of ponds
Ponds that have the correct geometry can be located above the ground. The main advantage of this type of artificial reservoirs is the minimum time and financial costs for earthworks. They are safe for small children, easy to clean and attractive. In such a pond, you can organize a fountain, and place small flower beds on the sides or install seats.
The second type is a pond that completely imitates a natural reservoir. It has a rounded shape and a somewhat "curved" coastline. Around such a pond, plants are planted that are characteristic of a swamp habitat. Such a reservoir requires large costs to create, since in this case it is necessary to use a small dug pit.
DIY artificial pond technology
An artificial pond with your own hands is not a myth, but a reality. If you follow all the steps clearly, you can create a beautiful pond yourself:
- Create a plan. The plan should represent a reservoir with its exact shape, parameters, places should be marked where decorative elements will be located in the future. Determine what exactly will be the accent in the pond, for example, a fountain, a sculpture, or just a beautiful stone along the edges of the pond.
- At the second stage, it is necessary to mark the contours of the pool, directly, at its future location. You can use a hose or sand for this. The main thing is that the shores of the future reservoir have the same level of location. After applying the markings, it will be necessary to start digging a pit, which will have the dimensions indicated in the plan. In order to be sure of the accuracy of the formation, it is necessary in the process of the company to take measurements with a water level or a ruler.
- Excavation. The pit breaks out to the depth of the coastal tier, where a line is marked, then the pond deepens one more mark below. As soon as the work on the creation of the second tier is completed, a line is laid, after which the deepest part of the pond will be located. The final layer of earth is dug out. For digging, you can use the professional services of an excavator, which will greatly facilitate and speed up the process of creating a pond. To pump out groundwater, it is worth using a small pumping apparatus.
As soon as all the earthworks are completed, it is necessary to measure the size of the pit, taking into account all its dimensions and add to this 50 cm on each side for the overflow. All these values are necessary for the further purchase of the film. A shallow trench should be dug around the perimeter of the reservoir.
The resulting pit must be lined with a moisture-resistant film. In order to provide this film with protection from stones and plant roots, an additional layer of geotextile is lined, and the film itself is already installed on top of it. The edges of the film are tucked into a pre-dug trench.
To establish the film, it is best to choose a warm and sunny day, since water becomes more flexible when exposed to ultraviolet rays, therefore, it is much easier to line it.
The edges of the film, which are laid in the trench, must be secured with ordinary rubble. This will be a secure grip for the film.
The edge of the pond should be reinforced with either pipes or plastic or stone blocks. In this case, earthlings will crumble from the coastal zone into the pond. The edge of the reservoir should be decorated with a decorative stone, it can be both artificial and natural.
The bottom of the pond is laid out with rubble and stones. Plants, which were previously marked on the plan, are installed in special plastic containers on the curtains.
The reservoir is filled with water.
The pond will truly delight the eye only when there is always clear water in it. To do this, it is best to equip the reservoir with a small stream, which will provide constant water circulation. And to replenish the water volume, you can use a garden hose, which can be masked between stones and plants. More complex designs involve a small pumping station that will regulate the volume and flow of water.
Choosing plants for the pond
In order for the pond to be really beautiful, it is necessary to choose plants that will serve as its decoration. If you are creating a small body of water, it is best to choose plants that will float on the water surface, and in moderation. These plants include:
- dwarf water lilies
- water hyacinth
All these plants perform not only an aesthetic function, but they also saturate the reservoir with oxygen. When choosing plants, you need to pay attention to such a fact as the speed of their growth and reproduction.
There are a number of plants that grow very quickly and can literally in two months turn your pond into solid thickets that will cover all the beauty of the reservoir. If you decide to plant plants that will grow directly in the reservoir itself, then the depth of their planting must be taken into account.
When digging a pit, a fairly large amount of land remains, which can be used for the purpose of improving the pond. For example, you can create a small embankment and install a fountain, or just a beautiful sculpture, a composition of boulders. Many simply use this land to level the entire plot.
Making a pond with your own hands is a very real task that will allow you to create a beautiful resting place in your garden area. This does not require large financial investments, you need a desire to create beauty, but also physical capabilities. The main thing is not to forget about changing the water and caring for the plants in the pond. Then he will delight you with his beautiful view for a long time.
DIY video on arranging a pond in the country: