We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Peppermint has such a pleasant refreshing taste due to its menthol content. And it is he who turns this plant into one with bactericidal properties.
Benefits of peppermint have long been appreciated by folk and traditional medicine.
- Peppermint has analgesic and vasodilating properties.
- Mint has a beneficial effect on the gastrointestinal tract: it eliminates nausea, improves digestion, relieves bloating, and has a choleretic effect.
- Mint decoctions are used as sedatives.
- In diseases of the bronchi and lungs, the anti-inflammatory properties of mint relieve the condition.
- Mint decoctions are used to disinfect the oral cavity for various inflammatory diseases.
- Peppermint relieves heartburn, heart pain, abdominal pain.
- Mint exhibits diaphoretic properties, it is used for colds, pharyngitis, sore throat, runny nose, bronchitis.
- Improves the work of the heart muscle and the circulatory system.
- The tannins in peppermint help relieve stomach cramps from diarrhea, ulcerative colitis and constipation caused by intestinal spasms.
- The bitterness in the composition of mint helps to stimulate the gallbladder and liver, therefore mint is used to cleanse the liver and in the presence of stones in the gallbladder.
- Peppermint relieves headache attacks, including migraines, improves sleep.
- Has the ability to lower blood pressure.
- Mint relieves itching and inflammation of the skin. For sensitive skin prone to irritation, lotions and washing with mint infusion are very useful.
The list of health benefits of peppermint is endless. It is truly a very valuable medicinal plant.